|Are You Standing In Hot Coals?
|Lesson Fourteen: by turtle
The issue of love. Love is a difficult to define by the world. The world will tell you they give to charities, help their neighbor,
and their when you need them. Yet are they truly there. No, the world understands the world. As a Christian we understand
the world for we were once part of the world til we were enlightened by Jesus..
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 KJV
(9) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters,
nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
(10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
(11) And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus,
and by the Spirit of our God.
When you accept Jesus as your personal Savior you are sanctified and washed and made whole. This however does not mean
you are perfect without faults, but it does mean you are redeemed. The facts are simple. The world understands the world.
The world does not understand us Christians. In fact they probably think most of us are a bit crazy. And truth I sometimes
happen to agree.
1 John 4:5-6 KJV
(5) They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
(6) We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth,
and the spirit of error.
With eating of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil in the garden, it gave everyone the ability to know what was good and
what was bad. However as a Christian you hear truth spoken by other Christians. Those who are not Christians do not speak
truth of God’s word. If you know your Bible you are going to know if truth is spoken. One way to recognize the anti Christ is
to know your Bible, yet remember the Devil had a lot of practice over the years and knows how to deceive. Our job is to know
God and His Word. To have that personal relationship with God. Many can know the Bible. Many know the Bible or least
parts of it. Do you know it enough to rightly divide the word of truth?
2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
(15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Are you God workman? Do you rightly divide? Can you go from one end of your Bible to the other picking out truth. The
Bible says to love. Anyone that love knows God. The world says they love, yet do not believe in Jesus as Lord. They believe
Jesus was a good man. However Jesus own words declare if you do not believe in Him to do at least the works I do. Even
atheist do this.
John 10:37-38 KJV
(37) If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
(38) But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in
John 14:11 KJV
(11) Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Matthew 5:43-47 KJV
(43) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
(44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them
which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
(45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good,
and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
(46) For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
(47) And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
How then do we say we are the only one’s that love. The fact is Christian we do know what true love is because we know
God. However other people love.
Matthew 5:48 KJV
(48) Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
No one can be perfect as God is. Then what does the word perfect here mean. To be perfect is to be morally clean. To live a
life of godliness. That does not mean to not care about the less fortunate, or to help your neighbor. It does however mean to
love and to show mercy. Not to live in the den of iniquity. However sometimes we have to go where the sinner is but not do
the sin. Jesus hate among sinners. We all love to eat, or most anyway. Most of shop and go into the highways and by ways of
life. We will meet people there we can share Christ love with. Sometimes it is simply encouraging someone. I meet a man the
other day. I asked him how he was. He said no use to complain no one would care. And I told Him God will listen. To this he
replied, “Yes God will listen and he is a Good God,” I could not help but think God is a good God.
Sometimes it is about just encouraging someone. That all one can do.
1 John 4:7-8 KJV
(7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
(8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
As a Christian we have a responsibly to share the love of God for we know God. We know God in a personal way and can
testify of the truth of His love. God has already done the work when He sent His Only Son to die on the cross for our sins. All
we got to do is share it.
1 John 4:9-11 KJV
(9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we
might live through him.
(10) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
(11) Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
If we know God we need to love. Love God first and to love others second is the two greatest commandments God gave. Now
this next verse in I John is a little tricky. Not to complex. First of all we must understand God is spirit. God spirit indwells the
believer. Christ human vessel was what carried God spirit in this world. Hold on what? I know it is a little deep and we covered
it in last week lesson, so read it if you have not.
The Holy Spirit no one has never seen. Abraham seen Jehovah, Adam and Eve seen Jehovah, Moses seen Jehovah, Jehovah in
the King James Version of the Bible is the word Lord, but not in every case. Sometimes the word Lord is reference to Christ
who is one. One with God. Jehovah is one with God part of the trinity. Jehovah is the old testament image of God in the flesh.
Christ is the New Testament image of God in the Flesh. The fullness of the Godhead bodily indwells in both. Christ in Jehovah
and Jehovah in Christ and the Holy Spirit in Jehovah and in Christ. So when one says that man never seen God at anytime,
they are speaking of the Holy Spirit. One can not see the Spirit of God. One might feel His presence but one will not see Him.
1 John 4:12-16 KJV
(12) No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
(13) Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
(14) And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
(15) Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
(16) And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God,
and God in him.
Anyone that testifies that Jesus Christ is the Son of God knows that they are saved, however even the devil believes this. One
has to believe Jesus came in the flesh, Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus is God to be saved. It all starts though with believing
Jesus came in the flesh, and then believing Jesus is the Son of God and then believing Jesus is God/Lord. It is a process, we go
through in understanding who Jesus is and who God is. Many believe in God of the old testament, but do not believe in the
Son. And some believe that Jesus is the Son but never yet catch that He is God. It takes time. It called reading and studying the
Bible for yourself. Not taking every teachers word for it. Developing a relationship with God.
Last do you love God? Do love God? I mean truly love God. If you do not love God, then do you love others? Do you at least
love yourself? Anyone that hates his brother is not of God. Yet we know there are times we do not like what people do. That
okay, we are to love others though as we want to be loved. God shows mercy to us. He first loved us and goes about helping
us to love others. In Him is perfect love. The ability to love when we only want to hate.
1 John 4:17-21 KJV
(17) Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this
(18) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect
(19) We love him, because he first loved us.
(20) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how
can he love God whom he hath not seen?
(21) And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.