|Are You Standing In Hot Coals?
|Lesson Twenty-four: by turtle
Revelation 3:7-13 KJV
(7) And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the
key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
(8) I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength,
and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
(9) Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will
make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
(10) Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come
upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
(11) Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
(12) Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon
him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven
from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
(13) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
There is a time and place for everything and it seems that the church of Philadephia, the church of brotherly love only really
has one problem. The problem centers around the enemy. They got the works part right, they got the worship part right but
they are in the heat of battle. No doubt our troops know the heat of battle, but do our Christian troops know about spiritual
My favorite verse for spiritual warfare comes from I Peter 5
1 Peter 5:8-9 KJV
(8) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
(9) Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the
This is my favorite verse because when I started my own journey into the ministry. God warned me about the enemy. Dad
and Mom always protected me to a point, yet I was aware of battles in the church world. However that old devil Satan never
had control he thought he did. See often times God allows us to run just like parents do until we fall. Then parents come and
pick us up and comfort us. I believe through this last battle my folks really wanted to come and comfort me. However they
know I have run that race that God called me to on my own. God gave me this verse of scripture in 1 Peter before I went to
college. I did not understand it, or cared to try. I did know anything about spiritual warfare, but the verse haunted me. I keep
going back to it every time I won a spiritual battle. And it seems that is still true today. I need to be able to run. Run and soar
like an eagle and not grow weary.
There is a point I am making everyone of you out there that knows Jesus as Lord and Savior will be fighting on the battle
ground for the Lord, if you are a sincere Christian. You might not even realize you are in a war. One the first battle
surrendering to God. And one battle is leading others to Jesus help to fight the evil darkness in this world.
Are you ready to help win others to Jesus are you will to fight to the darkness? Philadelphia was told they if they fought their
enemies would be made to worship at their feet. Remember we can either be over comer or a stand in defeat. It is your