|Are You Standing In Hot Coals?
|Lesson Seven: by turtle
Has much as I like to soft coat things I can not. As tempting it is to sugar coat it I can not. Today hell is getting larger. It would be
easier for me to speak on only love, yet if I do not tell you about wolves in sheep clothing, I am robbing you. There are easy ways
to spot wolves. Wolves first of all are not innocent little doves, but cunning sly people, who will rob you. They will take your soul
if they could. God’s children are innocent little lambs that often never hear of wolves in sheep clothing. Yet they do exist. They are
people who are after doing one thing and that is to use you in some way. They are often bullies and some would even consider
them as devils. Some con artist stand behind the pulpits on Sunday morning, yet there also those that are shepherds.
Matthew 7:15-20 KJV
(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
(16) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
(17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
(18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
(20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
If I was going to entitle this lesson it would not be wolves in sheep clothing but fruit inspectors. Now we know we are not to judge,
yet God also teaches his people not to be fools. God’s people are lead by the Holy Spirit then guess what, the sheep will follow the
Lord instruction in all matters no matter whether it makes sense or not. If you ever walk through a spiritual fire storm then you
know from experience the only way to be safe is by following the leadership of the Holy Spirit. Obey God, and He will lead you.
Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV
(5) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
(6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
How does one become knowledgeable about wolves though. How do you become a fruit inspector. Well you need to know what
the fruit of the Spirit is.
Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Now truth is we are often not all these things, no matter how hard we try. None of us have it right all the time. I wish we did. I
think of years I spent in chronic pain as well as my rebellious years and wonder boy was there any fruit. Yet I often realize how
often we fail to remember the good deeds of others until God reminds us. And boy sometimes it is like a brick hitting our head. If I
think of all the people that been good to me over the years, I maybe able to count them on toes and fingers, but each one is
important. Some helped with enabling us to build a house, others helped by providing boxes of things we needed, and still there
were some that were just friends. Truth is many of us help people even wolves. So how do you know the difference. One way
does the person expect something back from you if they give you something without you asking for it. A con artist is good about
that. He makes you feel obligated. And if it is a minister they teach that works saves you. One is saved by grace.
Ephesians 2:5 KJV
(5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
(8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Even Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord and was saved from God’s wrath. We saved from the wrath of God through faith
in Christ Jesus. God provided the way because of His love for us.
John 3:16 KJV
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have
God’s gift is free, yet works do enter in. Works is because you love God back. See the ten commandments and the Golden rule go
hand in hand.
Matthew 22:37-39 KJV
(37) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
(38) This is the first and great commandment.
(39) And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mark 12:30-31 KJV
(30) And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength:
this is the first commandment.
(31) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than
Christ said you can not be His disciple if you do not follow Him.
Luke 14:26-27 KJV
(26) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his
own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
(27) And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luke 14:33 KJV
(33) So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Priority in following Jesus is giving up all you have to follow Him. Are you willing to follow Jesus to the cross, putting Jesus first
and yourself last even when it hurts. Does your minister serve his self before others. If he does beware this could be a sign. Next
week I am going to continue on this subject.