|Can You Reach God
|Lesson One: by turtle
Can you reach God is the title of our new Bible study. However this Bible study has more to do with man desire to reach God
and how God reach’s us. You can not pick up a phone and call God, though some might think you can. God is not that person
that is the highest in the land. Meaning a man with a lot of power. God is our creator. Creator from the beginning of time as
recorded in God’s Word the Bible.
Genesis 1:1 KJV
(1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
When did God create in the beginning. The beginning that often people want to say there was something before. If there is only
God would know for the word says in the beginning. And what God did in the beginning was create. How and what did God
John 1:1-3 KJV
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) The same was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Genesis 1:2-3 KJV
(2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved
upon the face of the waters.
(3) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
First things first God created the heavens and the earth. Either you believe that or you do not. The word was with God and His
Spirit hovers over the earth. The word of God is the spoken word. The word itself is apart of God and it became a separate
part of God when the word became flesh.
John 1:14 KJV
(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the
Father,) full of grace and truth.
Hebrews 1:2 KJV
(2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the
God created the worlds in the Greek to English meaning the ages. In the beginning God created with the Word, yet the word
also became flesh. The Son was from the beginning. Yet often we think of Jesus being from only the New Testament era but
this is further from the truth.
Ephesians 3:9 KJV
(9) And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in
God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
God is the highest authority man can reach. Often government thinks it is the highest. It does have a lot of power, Yet God lifts
up who He will. God gives authority to our leaders and He knows how to tear them apart.
Romans 13:1-3 KJV
(1) Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of
(2) Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves
(3) For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good,
and thou shalt have praise of the same:
Colossians 1:15-16 KJV
(15) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones,
or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
From the beginning God created us in His likeness.
Genesis 1:26-27 KJV
(26) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and
over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
(27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
From the beginning from when God placed man in the garden Yet from the beginning God talked to man and gave Him certain
decrees. God told man not to do something and will man with a little temptation well into sin. How much can we all related to
that. Satan tempts us still to this day and it gets us in all kinds of trouble with God. Because of man sin there is a separation
from God. Man no longer lives in the garden God planted. You can find the story in Genesis 2 and 3. However with this in
mind, man still had a desire to please God. Not only a desire but they still recognized God’s gifts. Eve recognized God when
she gave birth.
Genesis 4:1 KJV
(1) And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
This is the first recorded recognition of God’s gift after the garden. Yet not until Seth time is God worshipped.
Genesis 4:25-26 KJV
(25) And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me
another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
(26) And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the
Cain and Abel made sacrifices to God, that is the first offering, but the first time man begins to call on God was Seth
generation. They began to call out to God. This is where man first began to reach up to God. Before this time, man worshipped
in recognition of God in the since of Eve having a child from the Lord, and sacrifice given to God by Cain and Abel. Abel
pleased God and Cain did not. Cain killed his brother and it put a division between him and God. Yet God still protect Cain by
From the time of Adam and Eve, man has had to face temptation, and separation do to sin. Yet man still called on God and
God heard. Enoch was translated to heaven because He talked and walked with God.
Genesis 5:24 KJV
(24) And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
Hebrews 11:3-5 KJV
(3) Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not
made of things which do appear.
(4) By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous,
God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
(5) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before
his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
Some of things we will be presenting in the next few lessons, is how man interacted with God and then how God mercy for us
and His provision to keep us from being separated from Him. God never desired us to be separated from Him, however God is
to be honor and obeyed above all others. We will be looking through the book of Hebrews dealing with the sacrificial laws, as
well as dealing with the sacrifice Christ made on the cross for our sins, so we need not to sacrifice for sin any longer.
Hebrews is one of my favorite books to read and compare other scripture with. However I am not an expert. Hebrews
according to King James Version of the Bible was written by Timothy, others disagree with this. My thoughts on this why not a
Timothy, not necessarily the Timothy Paul wrote too. However whoever it was written by, God was involved in it. If you
want to dig online for the pros and cons to the argument be my guest. I am going to take God’s word for it.
Hebrews 13:25 KJV
(25) Grace be with you all. Amen. Written to the Hebrews from Italy, by Timothy.