|Women in the Bible
|Lesson one by turtle:
Our Study is starting on women in the Bible. We will be looking at women's roles
and positions in the world. Not just women role in the family but women's role in
the society/workforce and also women in the church. Sometimes the study is going
to over lap. Some women had it all, like we do today and some we know very little
about, but needless to say sometimes the less we know says even volumes about
the women's world during that time.
Grandmother's and mothers often taught in the home. They were in charge of
discipline as well as teaching Bible and education. They taught there kids
responsibility by giving them housework around the home. They role was to
instruct the kids in basic of home matters. It is then no surprise we have young
women wanting to be mother's and raising there own kids at home. Yet in today's
society women are often not able to stay at home, but must work outside as well
as juggle the working world and the church world.
Women though they seem to have it all sometimes forget that men are still men.
Men want to be respected and loved for their special role as Father, church
leadership and the business world. What women have done in the past centuries
have been to lord over their men on their ability to do the work their husband can
do. There is no difference in male and female the Bible says.
Galatians 3:28 KJV
(28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither
male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
What is meant here is that male and female there is no difference in the way one is
saved through Christ Jesus. This however does not mean that men and women
are exactly equal in every way physically, and emotionally. Now I have gained all
the men support on this study and have lost the women. No, just hang on women,
I think you to well be happy with it. See this is the thing men hate one thing we
women do and that is lord over them. We make it clear we are better then them.
So what if it is true. Oh just kidding. I do not think men and women should not
lord over each other in general. Yet we all do it. Specially in today's society.
So then what is women's place. Is she only suppose to be barefooted and pregnant
and not a mind as well. I think people in general in modern society recognize that
women are as intelligent if not more intelligent then men sometimes, but so can be
said for men. So what was God's design for women. What was his plan for women.
We need to go look in the garden of Eden to see when God made women.
Everyone has heard the joke that women were made of spare parts from man, but
the truth is women got the best part of man apparently for God only need one rib
from man to create her.
Genesis 2:21-25 KJV
(21) And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept:
and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
(22) And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman,
and brought her unto the man.
(23) And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she
shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
(24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto
his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
(25) And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Yep that is what the Bible says man and women shall become one. If something is
one and yet there are two parts that makes them equal. Yet often we see men as
protectors of their wives and children and women protectors of the children and
of their husbands. Each group protecting each other from harm. And just side
note the Bible also is speaking about the union between man and women as well.
There are to many good Christian books out there nowadays on sex for people to
be uneducated about Christian views, so that is not a discussion for this study.
Men and women if equal need to help each other. First example of helping is this
Genesis 2:18 KJV
(18) And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will
make him a help meet for him.
1 Corinthians 11:8-12 KJV
(8) For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
(9) Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
(10) For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the
(11) Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman
without the man, in the Lord.
(12) For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but
all things of God.
Women was made to help man, but that does not mean they are unequal. See man
was lonely so God created women to fill in that loneness. As a women, I know my
husband is my equal and my other part of me. When we were married, we became
one together in perfect unity. Yet a marriage that ends in divorce was not in unity
or the unity was broken. See marriage is about unity, trust and love. It is about
Now we need to discuss one more thing before we close today's lesson. If women
are equal to men and neither should lord over each other, then maybe we should
stop and consider one more thing, what is women's role to God. I think Proverbs
last chapter seems to help in this area. It speaks well of who women should be. So
take time to read and study this on your own.
Proverbs 31:10-31 KJV
(10) Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
(11) The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no
need of spoil.
(12) She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
(13) She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
(14) She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
(15) She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a
portion to her maidens.
(16) She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she
planteth a vineyard.
(17) She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
(18) She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by
(19) She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
(20) She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to
(21) She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are
clothed with scarlet.
(22) She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
(23) Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the
(24) She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the
(25) Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
(26) She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of
(27) She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of
(28) Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth
(29) Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
(30) Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD,
she shall be praised.
(31) Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the