|God/Father of Those Who Fear Him.
|Lesson One: by turtle
The next lessons will be looking at who God is. Christians call God Father, Jesus and Holy
Spirit. All Christians are Trinitarian, which means they believe Father, the Son and the Holy
Spirit is one God in three persons. This means the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are all
united as one, The trinity is classified as a doctrine. The word trinity is not found in the Bible,
because simply it is a word scholars use to describe God in the way He shows Himself. Some
scholars perhaps will not like how I am defining this but I wish to put in lays terms as much as
possible. I did not feel so ignorant after hearing a famous evangelist say he did not fully
understand the trinity, though He believed in the one God in three persons, Father, the Son
and the Holy Spirit .
Basically what I hope this study does is conclude with who the Father is in reference to God.
How all three are one and a deeper understanding of who God truly is to those who believe.
These lessons might take a little while because explain who God is can never be fully
explained. But I think there are some key things that can be discovered. For an example: God
is love, creator, wisdom, peace, long suffering, righteous, holy, savior, etc. Understanding and
describing God in terms most can understand is important. Knowing who God is, is
important. Yet God can never be fully comprehended in this life, we will fully understand one
day about who He truly is.
Let's begin. Who is God? Most would say God is Spirit or Love. What does the Bible say.
Job 33:12 KJV
(12) Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man.
Numbers 23:19 KJV
(19) God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath
he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
God is not a man. Though often God is described as being a man, He is not a man. Man has a
spirit and flesh but man is not God. God does not lie and is not required to repent. God
speaks truth and yet when God destroyed the earth with the flood it says God repented of
what He done, He did not feel it was a mistake to where things had to be changed or his
direction had to be changed has some might think. Repentance in terms usually imply to
change, but in reference to God, God does not change, He is the same yesterday today and
Scripture reference for the flood.
Genesis 8:21 KJV
(21) And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again
curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his
youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
Instead of God speaking of repentance here he is speaking of His mercy to all future
generations of man. So God does not repent, but He does show Mercy. God is merciful to
Deuteronomy 4:31 KJV
(31) (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee,
nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.
God promise not to forget man or His promises, but God expect certain things from his
followers. We must up hold our part of the covenant.
Still looking at Numbers 23: 19 God speaks and it happens and it good When God created the
Heavens and the earth and all that He created He saw what He did as being good. God spoke
the word and it happened. Godâ€™s timing not ours. So God does what He says He will do as
well as speaks things into existence. We will be getting more into this a little later.
Deuteronomy 4:24 KJV
(24) For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
God is a God of judgment to those who do not worship and obey Him.
Deuteronomy 6:4 KJV
(4) Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
God is one God, there is not multiple gods. God is one not many.
Deuteronomy 10:17 KJV
(17) For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a
terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:
God does not take bribes, He is a God above any other gods. He is Lord.
2 Chronicles 30:9 KJV
(9) For if ye turn again unto the LORD, your brethren and your children shall find
compassion before them that lead them captive, so that they shall come again into this land:
for the LORD your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn away his face from you, if
ye return unto him.
God is a God of compassion/love and mercy and forgives.
Job 36:5 KJV
(5) Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom.
God is might and he does not look down on the less fortunate. He is strong and is wise.
Job 36:26 KJV
(26) Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be
We do not fully understand or comprehend who God is or even begin to know how old God is.
Psalms 7:11 KJV
(11) God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
God is our judges the righteous and is angry with the wicked always.
Psalms 47:7 KJV
(7) For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding.
God is supreme ruler.
Psalms 75:7 KJV
(7) But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
God is the judge.
John 4:24 KJV
(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
God is Spirit. Capital S in Spirit.
1 Corinthians 1:9 KJV
(9) God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our
God is faithful to those who believe in Him.
1 Corinthians 1:25 KJV
(25) Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger
God's foolishness is wiser then men. Wow. Godâ€™s weakness is stronger than men.
1 Corinthians 14:33 KJV
(33) For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
God is not confusion
Hebrews 1:8 KJV
(8) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of
righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
God is eternal ruler.
Hebrews 4:12 KJV
(12) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a
discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
God's word is sharp.
1 John 1:5 KJV
(5) This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is
light, and in him is no darkness at all.
God is light.
Hebrews 12:29 KJV
(29) For our God is a consuming fire.
God is a God of judgment.
1 John 3:20 KJV
(20) For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
God is greater then out hearts.
1 John 4:8 KJV
(8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
God is love.
1 John 5:9 KJV
(9) If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of
God which he hath testified of his Son.
God witness is great and is also our witness.
Psalms 99:9 KJV
(9) Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.
God is holy.
This list could go on and on. But simple fact is God has many attributes and we can not even
begin to name them all. We can not even begin to fully describe God. Even though we can not
describe God there are those things we can know about Him. And that is the main purpose of
the lesson ahead.