|Lesson Six: by turtle
Now we have learned who Christ is that He is our Messiah. Lets begin to look at the miracles first miracles
of what He did while he walked in the flesh with mankind.
John 2:1-11 KJV
(1) And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
(2) And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
(3) And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
(4) Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
(5) His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
(6) And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews,
containing two or three firkins apiece.
(7) Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
(8) And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
(9) When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was:
(but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
(10) And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well
drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.
(11) This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his
disciples believed on him.
Did Christ participate in celebrations? Did he care about even simple concerns at the wedding feast? What was Christ remedy for this
concern? Should we be concerned about simple matters or should we just turn them over to Jesus?
Christ did participate in the celebration of the wedding. He came to the celebration and also helped out where His help was needed by
performing a miracle. The miracle was about turning water into wine. Mary asked him to help and He told her his time had not come. But
then he instructed the servants about filling the jars with water. Christ concern for just a simple lack of wine shows us He cares about even
the simple things in life that make us happy. We should be willing to cast all our worries and stress on Him because he cares about the simple
things as well as the major things in our life. It is so important to learn to lay our problems at His feet. Praise the Lord that he cares about the
Matthew 10:31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
1 Peter 5:6-7 KJV
(6) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
(7) Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Jesus cares for the sparrow He cares for us much more. If we will humble our self and seek God, He will lift us up. We need to learn to cast
our cares on Him. The servants brought there concerns to Mary. Mary came to Christ with the need because she knew He had the answer.
Christ did more then they asked by giving them the best of what He had to give. By performing a miracle with the best wine. Let us be like
Mary and learn to ask for our needs and the needs of others. He loves you and me. Let us just ask and thank God for the miracles He does
in our life.