|Are You Standing In Hot Coals?
|Lesson One: by turtle
Proverbs 6:28 KJV
(28) Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
This new study is about sin. What is sin? What is some Known sins in the Bible? To tell the truth no minister or teacher wants to
talk about sin. Why because people assume you are finger pointing. Yet if you teach the Bible you can not get around not talking
about sin in someway. Truth is I rather talk on love. Yet sin is sin. Sin is anything that takes place over your relationship with
God. Sin is anything that displeases God. How do you know if what you are doing displeases God or not? This study has a a two
fold message in it. It not just about sin, but about the antichrist. How do you know the antichrist and how will know if he standing
in your pulpit or in leadership?
First thing we must do is realize all have sinned.
Romans 3:23 KJV
(23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
1 John 1:10 KJV
(10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Romans 3:10-12 KJV
(10) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
(11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
(12) They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Not one person is perfect and because of Adam and Eve sinning in the garden man is paying the price for the original sin.
Romans 5:12 KJV
(12) Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have
It hard to recognize a innocent child being born into sin. Yet because of man’s original sin anyone born of flesh or born of woman
is born into sin. Does being born make you a sinner. Definitely not. But because we live in this world it hard to keep from sinning
or doing something wrong. Yet there is sin that God does not charge man with.
Romans 5:13 KJV
(13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Before the time of Moses before the law, man did not understand what sin was. That however does not mean man was not
warned about sin. For Cain countenance was falling with God before he killed Abel.
Genesis 4:5-7 KJV
(5) But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
(6) And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
(7) If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his
desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
God tells Cain that if he choose not to do well then sin will be at his door. And if he choose to sin then it will rule him. Cain had a
made a sacrifice that was not pleasing to God. Cain was jealous of Abel so he killed him. At this time there was no form of
redemption at this time. Why? Cain planned to sin. God could see Cain heart and thoughts, that is why God warned him.
God searches man’s heart the Bible says.
Psalms 53:1-3 KJV
(1) <To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David.> The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
(2) God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
(3) Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Genesis 6:5 KJV
(5) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was
only evil continually.
God looks at man and searches man’s heart to see if there is sin to see if man harbors sin. Yet as a believer in Christ there is
something we can rest assured in concerning our hearts, is God will warn us about sin.
Genesis 20:3-7 KJV
(3) But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which
thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.
(4) But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?
(5) Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and
innocency of my hands have I done this.
(6) And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from
sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.
(7) Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore
her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.
Abimelech is a a good example of God protecting a believer. Yet at this time Christ had not come, the law was not present. God
has always honored a righteous man. A righteous man being a man of faith. Examples before the flood.
Genesis 5:21-24 KJV
(21) And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
(22) And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
(23) And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
(24) And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
Hebrews 11:5-6 KJV
(5) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before
his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
(6) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of
them that diligently seek him.
Enoch was translated taken up to heaven. This is a reference in the New testament in Hebrews to the account in Genesis.
Now the time of the flood.
Genesis 6:7-9 KJV
(7) And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the
creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
(8) But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
(9) These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
The word perfect means in Hebrew to walk with integrity and truth. Did not mean Noah was never without fault. Yet it does
mean Noah had a relationship with God. God loves his people, and will protect them. One thing we must do is be a believer to
receive God’s protection from sin. Yet even though we live in this world we will still goof up and sin. Temptation is something we
has human’s will wrestle with all our life because we are in this world and we are not God. Yet if we listen to God he will keep us
2 Thessalonians 3:1-3 KJV
(1) Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
(2) And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.
(3) But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
Jude 1:24 KJV
(24) Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with
What displeases God is a lack of faith in Him. And sometimes we all lack faith, yet by faith we are saved. It starts with a mustard
seed and grows. All of us growing in knowledge of God. From God our Father, to our Lord Jesus Christ and then the Holy Spirit.
God is good to those that love Him. And if we start with that mustard seed and continue in God our faith like that mustard seed
we will grow.