|Are You Standing In Hot Coals?
How does one deal with the enemy. Most people will agree that one often seems ill equip to deal with demonic forces. Does
one first believer there are powers beyond our world, that we have little control of. The answer is found here.
Colossians 1:16 KJV
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be
thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Now Paul makes things clear in Titus about our own subjection to powers.
Titus 3:1-10 KJV
(1) Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
(2) To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
(3) For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice
and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
(4) But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
(5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of
regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
(6) Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
(7) That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
(8) This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might
be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
(9) But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and
(10) A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
We are to be subject to who and to the law. Obedience to the law. However we all are not always obedient as we should be.
It like take a penny of gas, it adds up. Paying for the penny makes sense. Like take a penny jar, it there if you do not have a
penny not for if you got a penny. It like going to food pantry and your shelves are lined with food. Makes no sense at all.
People have a fear of running out. And truth some have a right to fear if they have not had grocery for a period of time.
People during the Great Depression did without much and when economy did better they stocked up and kept stocking. If
you are raise on a farm or out in the country and garden it normal to stock up for winter. People in city go and get when ever
they have need of something.
Point I am making sometimes the law is not what one wrestles with obeying but the mental aspect of common sense and
decency. Most of these things are built around good works of faith. Okay what do I mean. Well lets go to Ephesians to
answer the question.
Ephesians 6:10-18 KJV
(10) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
(11) Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
(12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness
of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
(13) Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done
all, to stand.
(14) Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
(15) And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
(16) Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
(17) And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
(18) Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and
supplication for all saints;
One can not defeat the enemy without the full armor of God on. Often people got the helmet of salvation and do not have
the breast plate of faith, or the sword of the Spirit. Or their loins girded with truth and so forth. In other words one puts on
part of the armor and not all of it. Though the minute we receive Christ as Savior and Lord we are saved, we have to learn
about faith, truth, the Spirit, and praying without ceasing. We got put on the armor on our feet which is the gospel.
Psalms 119:105 KJV
(105) NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Then when we are fully armed we are able to stand against the enemy the devil. Then we are able to rebuke the enemy.
Luke 9:1-6 KJV
(1) Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
(2) And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
(3) And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither
have two coats apiece.
(4) And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.
(5) And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony
(6) And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.
Mark 16:15-18 KJV
(15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
(16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
(17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
(18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick,
and they shall recover.
Christ disciples were given the power over what to heal the sick, to pick of snakes and so forth. Who are Christ disciples?
Anyone that choose to follow Him. The enemy will loose.
Funny thing happened the other day. One learns to pick up the language of many churches, but without the Bible in front of
them the language can sound strange. However if one knows there Bible there is no problem with the language if scripture is
used. And this lesson well, If I spoke in some circles they say you really do not know a thing about devils and if I was in
another circle of people, they say yeah I get what you mean. Now who is right and who is wrong. Truth is the language
matters not if the Word of God is present to explain it. That for those who been seeking to trip me up.